Become an Ark Volunteer!
Want to become a volunteer? If you are interested in working with the Ark, please come by the shelter during operating hours, Tuesday – Saturday 11:00am – 4:00pm. We will have the required paperwork for you to fill out and will give you a shelter tour. Then swing by on one of our orientation days to learn about what happens behind the scenes in keeping our residents healthy and happy and how you can help. What can you do as a volunteer?
- Walk, bathe, or brush our dogs
- Brush our cats and clean litter boxes
- Transport animals to and from vet clinic
- Help with events and fundraisers
- Gather food and supplies for the shelter
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of the shelter
The Ark requires that our Volunteers must
- Be 18 years of age
- Be willing and able to handle cats and dogs of varying sizes, breeds, and temperaments
- Understand and follow all training/behavior/shelter protocols
- Work optimistically with others and be communicative
- Have a genuine passion for working with and bettering the lives of shelter animals
**Due to liability purposes, we require that all volunteers must be of at least 18 years of age.